The castle of Montecavallo was built around 1830 by Count Filiberto Avogadro di Collobbiano on the remains of a fort belonging to the family since the 1200’s.
The complex, designed by architect Alfonso Dupuy, is one of the rare expressions of Gothic revival in Piedmont.
The garden and the park, which were designed at the same time as the castle, are in typical “Italian Style”.
The private chapel, dedicated to Saint Filippo Neri is home to a white marble pietà by master Benedetto Cacciatori from Carrara.
Perfectly preserved and still used as the family’s primary residence, the castle is now at the center of the namesake winery and location for exclusive events.